DO I QUALIFY FOR BUSINESS?
Please review our requirements:
You must meet each of the following:
- Be 7 years or older upon the first day of class.
- Have a good understanding of the English language (currently, our classes are only conducted in English).
- Have general computer software skills.
- Meet the minimum computer system requirements (see below).
- Be ready to learn and have fun.
CBI’s application process consists of a thorough screening process prior to acceptance which evaluates several important requirements, including job creation potential, desire, potential, the ability to be coached, commitment to engagement, market validation and more. This pre-screening or pre-incubation process can take anywhere between 30 to 90 days. What typically begins with a basic interview then turns into several evaluative meetings with business counselors and the Executive Director. Each step along the way, the entrepreneur(s) and CBI’s staff are assessing whether or not the incubation program is the right fit for one's startup.
As the incubator client continues through the screening process, a final series of meetings help prepare the entrepreneur(s) for a 10-minute pitch (and additional Q&A) to a Business Incubation Engagement committee, which is a group of program mentors and industry professionals.
A new or emerging business enterprise that is in need of support and assistance from the incubator, and without which, the likelihood of success of the business would be greatly diminished. Community Business Incubatior is intended to be an economic development project with an objective of creating jobs and economic wealth by assisting emerging companies.
How to Apply
- Review eligibility guidelines and requirements.
- Complete Link>>>> business-Application
- Schedule meeting with Community Business Incubatior’s program staff.
Upon acceptance and signing of the program Terms and Conditions the participants acknowledge that they will actively engage in the business incubation program, including adhering to open book accounting policies, providing business status reports and job creation statistics, as well as attendance at monthly and quarterly business review meetings, among others.
- Payment of application fee ($35)
- Authorize and pay for Criminal Background Check ($25 per founder)
- Sign Agreement (including agreeing to open book accounting policies)
- Schedule first client benchmark review meeting
- Attend monthly client founder meeting which is held the last Friday of each month, 9:00 - 10:30 AM.
- Meet monthly objectives or obligations
- Attend quarterly client meeting with Executive Director and/or lead business counselor, prepare financial statements (profit/loss and balance sheet), benchmark reviews and identify quarterly goals
- Provide annual business status reports (including job creation and compensation statistics)
- Provide evidence of four seminars/workshops/conferences you attended during the year
For more information call 619.272.7593 Ext. 200, email us at or click here.